Sag and Levelling Test Charts
We offer a wide range of drawdown cards and charts for virtually any application and coating material. Stringent equality control during the production process assures that they have the most consistent color and gloss in the industry. Test charts are easy to use and an economical substrate to test a variety of coating properties, such as opacity, spreading rate, and flow& leveling behavior. They are used for testing architectural, industrial, automotive, wood finishes or even cosmetic products (e.g. nail polish). Depending on the material properties of the product to be tested and its usage different types of drawdown cards are available.
Selection of test charts dependent on coating technology.
Depending on the types of solvent used in paint formulations a drawdown chart needs to be more or less solvent resistant. The resin type requires different solvent types and dependent on the polarity of the solvent, the organic ingredients will be more or less activated.
Sag and levelling Test Charts are Clear-coated:
- Ideal for a wide range of coating systems: water and solvent borne technologies
- Guaranteed non-fluorescent paper in compliance with ASTM D 344
- Repeatable color and gloss-lot after lot
- Superior adhesion characteristics, especially with latex paints
- Rugged design (0.5 mm thickness) to prevent warping and bending after the coating is applied
- Package is shrink-wrapped with low permeability plastic to prevent moisture absorption during shipping and storage
Our BGD 1109 Sag and leveling Test Charts are specially designed for use with BGD 225 sagging tester or BGD 226 leveling tester. The extra large black area allows measurements to be made over the black area only, in accordance with specifications that require the operator to ignore the leading and trailing edges of the drawdown.